Thursday, September 29, 2005

open studios preview

Sheesh, sorry about the freakout, here are some photos from when Mati and I went to hang up our paintings for the Open Studios preview exhibit. There were so many lovely pieces of art there, it was really fun to see it all before it opened. The strange thing is, they hung the show super low to the ground. Gage's beautiful painting was nearly on the ground.

Here you can see Hugh's painting, Mati's painting, mine, and Gage's and Hadley's and Heidi's knitted skull heart. The one in the bottom right belongs to someone who isn't showing in the same place that we are. Laurel's piece was not up yet. Andy didn't put something in the preview.



Here's my painting. Scott framed it for me, he's helping me to get them all framed, and I really like how it makes them look.

After we hung the artwork and had tea, Mati and Laurel and I headed to Scrap to pick up some neato art supplies. I got lots of paper and that made me happy. I actually am wishing that I picked up more than I did. Here's a photo of a neat thing they had hanging up there.

4 Comments:

Blogger Meagan Francis said...

HI MEREDITH!

HOW ARE YOU????

Looks like your life is going great--so good to see you!

9:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was here too. Just being kinda shy. :) I LOVE YOUR ART AND WANT TO BUY!!
-Hannah

9:29 AM  
Blogger Meredith said...

Hey! Is this really Meagan and Hannah??

Yay! Send me a real email. monstertown at sbcglobal.net. I'm dying to know how you both are doing!

m

9:34 AM  
Blogger mati rose said...

neato!
i'm staying home tonight... friday:( to paint! i got no work done today & now i must!
your work is gonna rock the socks offa petaluma.

6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home