Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Thinking About Illustration Friday

I like doing Illustration Friday, it's challenging, and fun to look at all the other work. I have so much to learn about drawing. I love it, but it doesn't come naturally to me. I want to try out different approaches and techniques and really work on my artwork so I can actually tell some of the stories that I want to tell. So that I can feel happy about my work.

Does anyone have any good resources for learning to draw outside of school? Any book or website recommendations? Scott has sensibly recommended that I do two drawings a day. I want to start a practice of morning sketchbook work.

Have you ever noticed that some artists have lots of self imposed impediments to working?? We need assignments and prodding and lots of incubation time. Other artists seem to have no choice about making art, they need it like water, and make art every day, and feel funny if they don't.

1 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

I've not used it, but I heard it was good: Drawing from the left side of hte brain (or something like that). IIRC it has a series of lessons in it that you can go through like a good class.

8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home