Wednesday, July 12, 2006

printing!





I spent the whole day yesterday working with Jayson Taylor, making prints of one of my paintings at his print shop. We worked it up as a 4 color screenprint, but in the end decided to go with three because the paper couldn't handle it. It was really fun and I learned a lot about the printing process. We did it the old school way, cutting out the fill colors with ruby-lith, and listening to Led Zeppelin.

We ended up with an edition of 70 three color prints on bristol vellum in water based inks, and a tiny edition of 4 four color prints.



p.s. The print is for sale on my etsy shop.

7 Comments:

Blogger mati rose said...

nice!

10:16 AM  
Blogger zelia said...

thanks Mati!

10:22 AM  
Blogger kate said...

How fun!! Jayson is such a nice guy. I've always been fascinated by that process, as well. Say, can I come by at some point and buy one of those little blue-bird prints? Do you roll like that, or would you rather I do it through etsy?

1:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

adorable!

2:07 PM  
Blogger zelia said...

kate, you should just come by if you want one! i still have plenty left.

yeah, Jayson is really nice, he's helping me out a lot.

4:25 PM  
Blogger zelia said...

thanks Risa! I still need to send you a ghosty notebook.

4:26 PM  
Blogger kate said...

Awesommmmmme. Hopefully Coalmine and I will be around this weekend. I'll come a-knockin!

3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home