Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Art Show Jitters

The picture below this post is of one of the embroidery pieces that is currently in a group show at Roshambo Gallery . When I made these things, I loved them. The two that were chosen were actually not my favorite. Now I'm slightly embarrassed by them. The show has been hanging for 4 days already, and I haven't gone to see it. You'd think I would, since this is my first gallery show. They're running it like an auction, so they are having a closing party and live auction in November, rather than an opening party. Of course I have fears that my stuff will be the only work that doesn't sell.

I have another show in October at Moxie. I'm going to show paintings there, I'll have an entire wall, and I still don't have them all done. I'm excited about that one, it's going to be mixed media paintings on wood blocks that I got at Creative Reuse. I'm hoping to have some of my crafty stuff for sale there at that time too. Handbags and little zippered pouches and stuff like that.

1 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

I know it's nerve-wracking, but thrusting your art in to the burning spot-light will help you develop and grow as an artist. Your stuff is good, I really like it. The stuff you have hanging may be simple, but it invites greater thought because of it's simplicity.

11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home