Sunday, January 23, 2005

the birth of a small business

Things are beginning to come together for my first small business project of the year. It's almost weird to talk about, because I don't want to jinx myself or something. But I've filed my business name paperwork, applied for a wholesale license, designed a logo, found a vendor for the main thing I'll need, hired a web designer, and I'm working on finishing up my instruction books.

I'm very excited about it, I think it will feel great to focus on just one main project for a while. Well, of course I'll still be parenting my kids and doing my artwork, but one main money type project.

I still have so much to do to get to the point where I'm actually selling stuff, but I hope to be in business by March.

This week-
Business
finish 3 instruction books
design cool and eco-friendly packaging----hmm, maybe for web orders I don't need packaging, that's pretty eco-friendly!
send more design info to designer
take some photos
set up storage and efficient work space

Kids
help them finish up their projects on Holidays
Z is doing Hina Matsuri
and S is doing Holi

Other
masked girl painting for EB
start paintings for Feb. show
ebay the rest of my ebay inventory
get sad broken sewing machine fixed
ship ebay packages

*I apologize for the dull list, I swear I'll spice up this blog soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home