Saturday, February 12, 2005

today's project

Living room fixing. I've decided that my living room needs a major re-doing. It's a big space, long and narrow like a hallway, with three doors and three windows. It's a rented house, so I can't do anything major, but the kids and I are going to totally clean it out and move stuff around. Currently it's pretty cluttered and the furniture is mostly up against the walls, enhancing the hallway feeling of it.

I've decided to try to divide it into two spaces, a living room/tv/play area, and a studio/art/study space.

I'll post photos if I can get it to look okay. I'm going to try not to really buy anything except shelving and possibly a rug. My furniture is kinda icky, but oh well. I've got a loveseat from the thrift store that's pretty nice, and one overstuffed chair that was a hand-me-down, the upholstery is all ripped and I have a pottery barn slipcover on it right now, I might reupholster it if I feel ambitious. I have a teak coffee table and a cool piece of art/table that my friend Art made for me.

okay...back to work

2 Comments:

Blogger zelia said...

it's coming along sort of, but now the rest of my house is a chaotic nightmare mess!!! Only three more hours til the opening.

3:03 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

Your living room looks lovely. And the show was great. Congratulations on selling Brian, i knew people would like your stuff.

10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home