Friday, April 22, 2005

serious doubts

I am starting to have serious doubts about the prints I made for the postcard exchange. I got the address list for the swap and it's pretty impressive. There are lots and lots of artists that I admire on that list. I didn't know that it was going to be like that.

At first I liked the prints I had made, but I was concerned that the cardstock was too thin, I wanted it to be able to be used as a real postcard. I went and got thicker card and the nice girl at the art supply store cut it for me into neat rectangles. I spent another $30 on gocco screens and bulbs (the down side of the gocco) and tried to make the same print on thicker paper and it didn't work, and now after working with the same image twice, I'm starting to think that it is awful.

I either need to make something new and make it quick, or I need to just go with the ones I made before.

Check out Brendan Monroe, if you haven't already, his work is really really good.

1 Comments:

Blogger mati rose said...

no more doubting is my new rule!!!! have fun with it!
i remember loving them.

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home