Monday, September 19, 2005

feeling stuck

I am gearing up for another full day of painting, which I am hoping will be better than yesterday! Yesterday was a sad sad day for painting.

I think I'm really feeling the pressure of this upcoming deadline, and I just really want to make a good show, full of good pieces. I called the show, "What Comes Next" because I want to make pieces that draw people into a little fragment of a story. I want to make characters and scenes that are engaging and that make people curious and interested. Sadly, I'm not having any story bits come to me.

Maybe I should just paint abstracts. Maybe color field paintings. The encaustics are so pretty just by themselves!

Here are some paintings that I'm not sure of.

1 Comments:

Blogger mati rose said...

i like the idea of putting images next to each other that don't necessarily go to form a narrative. that's how comics are forced to work! there is definately mystery in these and i like the subdued quality of the encaustics. you are rockin'!

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home