Thursday, September 29, 2005

problems

art 006

I am honestly freaking out about this art show. I feel like that one muppet piano player guy, who is basically terrible at playing the piano, but is so full of artistic angst that he's banging his head on the keyboard and wailing loudly.

I am not happy with the work I've done, I think it's all wrong and not what I wanted to make and nobody is going to like it. I'm freaking out about money, and feeling pressure to make stuff that is sellable, and that doesn't help at all with creativity.

I wanted to make things that are beautiful and good.

I feel paralyzed by all of the internal pressures and I don't know how to get out of it.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

1st: breath.
Then remember....MANY artists are their own worst critic.
2nd: You will have a great show- I think the pieces that you have shown look wonderful.
3rd:If you feel CRAZED- work with it and create pieces that reflect CRAZE. I am a big fan of CRAZE and think craze could really work with the encaustic process.
STAY CALM, Jacquie

12:48 PM  
Blogger zelia said...

Thank you Jacquie. Okay, calm, breathing and stuff, okay...

1:36 PM  
Blogger FRIZZ said...

I absolutely LOVE your stuff. I think your art is some of the most creative and original stuff I've seen out there. Take a small breather if you can - take a walk, eat a cupcake, watch some mindless TV. Paint through it!! We all know you can do it!! Kinda sappy but I'm sincere.

3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home