Wednesday, July 19, 2006

William Cordova

I've started experimenting with painting really big. I'm working on two panels right now that feel like they are HUGE! One is 36" x 42" and the other is around 25" square. They are so much larger than my normal work, it's kind of tricky with the encaustic. But anyway, what I'm working on doing with them is creating large white fields with small fragile delicate drawings on them.

Here is someone who is doing amazing work like that. William Cordova. His drawings are so intriguing and they really resonate with me. He is represented by Richard Heller Gallery, and that gallery has a lot of amazing talent. (including one of my all time favorites, Brendan Monroe.)

2 Comments:

Blogger lisa solomon said...

ooohh.... cordova's work... yum

do you like toba khedori?? [not paintings but giant drawings with wax]

12:22 AM  
Blogger zelia said...

oh, I had never heard of her but I looked her up and the work is lovely! I especially liked the drawings of elements of buildings.

thanks Lisa!

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home