Wednesday, September 05, 2007

feltmaking classes

I am going to be offering two feltmaking workshops in September. Tentatively scheduled for September 22 and 29. Students will learn the fundamentals of soap and water feltmaking. We'll make a flat felt project and a resist project. With those two techniques in your pocket you can make everything from scarves and rugs to pouches, bags, seamless slippers and hats.

The class will be 4 hours long and includes materials and a light lunch in a beautiful garden setting in Santa Rosa. Cost of the workshop is $60. If you are interested, you can send me an email using that pretty little button there on the side that says email me.

Later I will teach an advanced class and a needlefelting class, and maybe one for kids because kids love making felt and it's really fun to do classes with kids!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Jessamyn Harris said...

I'm not feeling crafty, but I would totally hire you to make something like this of my cat:
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=6143188

3:27 PM  
Blogger michelle f said...

ooooh. i have to check my calendar. i think i have somethign both days... but i am so interested!

8:56 PM  
Blogger zelia said...

oh, yes! I was hoping you'd come, Michelle. If those days don't work for you we can choose another one.

And those little animals are so cute Jessamyn. I had seen a Japanese feltmaking book that showed how to make those tiny guys. I wonder if I could make something that realistic looking.

10:24 PM  
Blogger michelle f said...

poooo. i totally can't do it. nathan's family is having a shin-dig on the 22nd.
but, next time. i'm in.

8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home