Monday, September 27, 2004

small talk

"I haven't decided if I'll take the teaching fellowship at Harvard, or at Berkeley, because frankly the psych. department at Harvard is sub-par"

"I'm shooting a documentary on the Conquistadors for the History channel, travelling a lot" "LA is alright, I guess, it's LA, my girlfriend and I are living together, so that's nice"

"Oh yes, I'm still a wine expert...and I have a band on the side"

"After my graduate degree I..."

"And what do you do?"

"Umm....I'm a mom."

1 Comments:

Blogger tuktuk said...

Jeeez, i know how that one feels. almost all of andy's friends graduated stanford and went on to start their own companies or divisions of companies or whatever successful venture they found. they own beautiful houses and travel and and and.... when they ask where i went to school i get to stutter, 'um, petaluma high.....' and explain that i clean toilets and check pool chemicals for a living. ok, its not quite like that but it feels that way sometimes...
but being a parent and doing with your mind and heart is the job i personally respect the most.

9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home