Monday, February 14, 2005

terrible

Valentine's Day has never been good for me. I think I will pointedly ignore it from now on.

My sweetheart got hit with pneumonia today. Hit all of a sudden, and hit hard. I kissed him goodbye at the cafe at 8 am, and he said that he had a sore throat, but no big deal.

Around 11 I got a call from him saying that he was on his way to the emergency room. And sure enough, pneumonia. God damnit!! He was so so sick and miserable. They gave him antibiotics and tylenol with codeine and sent him home.

The doctor said that anyone who was with him in the last 36-72 hours could get it. That means me and the kids. I spent Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday night with him. The kids were with him Saturday night and Sunday morning. And frankly, hearing how he sounded, I'm terrified. If I'm majorly sick like he is, how can I take care of my kids?

I've been taking Airborne all day. Please please please don't let me get sick. And I hope my love gets better immediately. I'm going to drive down to his place and leave some soup and tea and stuff on his porch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home