Wednesday, July 06, 2005

really hot

It's really hot here today. Around 95 degrees. I don't do well in the heat. Zelia and I are lying in my darkened, slightly cooler bedroom. She is reading aloud to me as I work and that is just so thrilling, even if it is Captain Underpants.

The kids and I also worked on a long list of things we need to get/do/find for our camping trip this weekend.

They spent the night last night at a friend's amazing house. They have 40 gorgeous wooded acres that back up to 3000 uninhabited acres(more specifically, the infamous Bohemian Grove). It was such a gorgeous place. We took a hike to the top of the ridge and it looked out over a valley of redwoods that stretched out to the ocean. A nesting osprey was circling around our heads. They had a great time and had a campfire and played hide and seek in the woods and swung in rope swings under the shade of a big fig tree, and picked and ate almost ripe peaches. Zelia came home with a case of poison oak, but she had a great time.

I wish that I could provide something like that for them. It was so cool to see them running about like little forest creatures.

Also, all three of my paintings got accepted for the Wabi Sabi show at the O'Hanlon Center. It will be hanging until the end of July.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home