Thursday, July 07, 2005

tool roundup

Here are some productivity tools that I am really enjoying. Most, if not all of these were found through 43folders.com.

Backpack is a bigger and more useful version of the tadalist I posted about a few months ago. Scott's been using this for a while and is thinking of upgrading from the free version. I think that it will be very useful, there is a lot that you can do with this. I'm currently using it to manage my thinking on my major projects.

GTD TiddlyWiki has a super funny name but it's really neat and handy. I've been using it a lot, but now it's got competition from Backpack. I'm using this version. The original, non GTD focused TiddlyWiki is here.

I believe I've mentioned this one before, but it's really neat, and it hardly takes any space on your computer. It's for making "mind maps" when thinking through a project. It's called Free Mind, which is also the name of the new infoshop here in town, run by some friends of Scott and I. I'm going to have artwork hanging there next week in a show called "Girls Girls Girls".

I'm on the lookout for a new digital camera, as mine is slowly dying and making my ebay photos look terrible. Sometimes it works fine and sometimes it takes photos that are blurry, dark and noisy with lines of dropped pixels. It's only 3.2 megapixels anyway, so it's probably time for a new one. For work I frequently take photos of boring clothes on headless mannequins, and also close up views of things, so I'll need macro. I'm considering the Nikon D50 ( the slightly less expensive sister to the D70), or some kind of point and shoot Canon.

1 Comments:

Blogger kate said...

Your blogs are always such an adventure. I click on the hypertext and go off into a whole new exciting world and forget where I started!

4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home