Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Tale of the Leopard Print Skirt pt. 2

Remember the leopard print skirt? The one that sold for $314.00?? Well, now there is more to tell, and it's not good. The woman who bought it from me wanted to have her husband come and pick it up from me, because he was in town. She called me on the phone and we chatted for a while, she was really nice. She used to be a seller, selling high end designer clothes, Gucci, Chanel, Alaia, and Pucci mostly. She told me a few things about finding that sort of stuff, and recommended that I go to the upcoming vintage fashion expo in San Francisco.

She said that she's been searching for this particular skirt for a while, to complete the Alaia leopard print ensemble. Bustier, bodysuit and skirt.

The check arrived via overnight fedex the day that I had to go to the hospital. I mailed it out two days later. I didn't wait for the check to clear, because I had talked with her, and she was a mom and had been a seller, and seemed nice.

Three weeks later, I went to buy groceries, and found that there wasn't enough money in my account to cover $57.00 worth of food. Sure enough, her check had bounced and I was out the $318.00 plus another $20 in fees from my bank.

I tried to contact her, and she didn't respond for four days, then she sent an email saying "Oh my god! I'm so sorry, please call me", so I did, and she never answered or returned my calls or emails. I wrote her several times politely saying, let's please work this out. Either you can pay me with a money order or paypal, or if you can't pay for the skirt, you can send it back to me. Over a week went by, with no answer.

Friday she called back finally, saying that she would pay on Monday with paypal, because she had some other auctions ending this weekend that she needed to pay for. I was kind of insulted because at this point, she's had my skirt for a month without paying, and should pay for that before she buys more stuff! But I was nice and said okay.

Guess what? She still hasn't paid! Now I'm all upset, and I'm not sure what to do.

This is the first problem that I've had in my 5 years of selling on ebay and it's really not fun. I guess I'll have to wait to send things until the check clears, from now on.

4 Comments:

Blogger mati rose said...

that is SO lame! you should be really persistant AND write a poor review (or whatever) on her ebay account and take her to small claims court. yep. for the love of a leopard skirt!

10:12 AM  
Blogger kate said...

My boss here at the bank said that if her bank is within the state of California, you can call and explain the situation to them. She said most banks will put a hold on her account until you get that money. She said you should try, even if it's outside of California.

2:37 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

Kate: Really? Wow, that would be perfect. I've been trying to think of a way to keep this out of small claims court, because I'm assuming that would take a huge amount of time and hassle.

2:47 PM  
Blogger zelia said...

Yes, that is a really good idea, thanks for checking that out, Kate. I have been into her bank a few times to see if she had the funds, but I will try talking to a manager I guess and asking them to do the hold.

2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home