Friday, June 16, 2006

not successful gocco print

With all of this winter's illnesses, I have not been in the studio much and it's amazing how rusty you can get. This week I am feeling more inspired and I've been drawing and finally working up a new series of prints. My first attempt was not so successful, but I'm going to show it anyway because it's all I've got.

You may notice that it is larger than a normal gocco print, and that's because I was trying something tricky, I used two screens, one oriented vertiacally and one horizontally and I was hoping that I could get them to line up and you wouldn't notice the overlap, but that didn't happen. Registration on a gocco can be pretty difficult! Plus something odd was happening with the ink on my little creatures.

I think that what I'm going to do is draw this little family again, and turn it into a three color screenprint and add a little more to it.


Blogger mati rose said...

love the family and excited to see how it grows!

11:45 AM  
Blogger phreed83 said...

I looked at the close-up and I didn't see a registration problem -- just the streaks on the family. It's cute. I might change the color of the monster family though.

11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home