Saturday, March 05, 2005

43 Things

43 Things is like flickr for list makers. You can write down goals or ideas, things you want to do, the things that nag at your subconscious. Things like; paint more, take down corporate america, lose 20 pounds (a popular one), visit the pyramids, write love letters, learn swahili, have a baby, stop always being so nice, etc. (this is just a random sampling, not my personal goals). And then you can see everyone else who wants to do that too, and people can talk to each other, in the posting comments sort of way. It's pretty neat.

I haven't joined yet, but I'm putting it on my list of things to do this week. It would be nice if writing that kind of thing down actually helped. Do you think it does??

2 Comments:

Blogger kate said...

Okay, okay. I admit it. I read your monstertown blogs every day. Now that I've confessed, I have to also admit that I believe constant list-making DOES help. I think you get so fed up seeing the same thing on that list over and over that you finally end up doing something about it. Or, I do anyway. Thanks for the heads up on that site. Sounds right up my alley.

11:09 AM  
Blogger Scott said...

I think it would help if I had better list survival skills. I'll make lists and immediately lose them, or wash them or eat them apparently. I've been working on trying make them more durable, either by making them digitally, or by putting them in my little moleskin diary/thing. Except I keep misplacing my moleskin diary thing, so that's no good. Maybe I'll sign up for the list thing. God only knows I've signed up for every other online service....

2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home