Tuesday, June 14, 2005

road ahead

I've been thinking a lot about what I'm doing lately with my artwork, and where I want to go with it, and why I'm doing it. I can't say that I've come up with any profound ideas or solutions to my problems. Those things have just been on my mind.

Laurel and I discussed the feeling that you get when you see work by other artists that is just like what you imagine you'd do if you were as far along or as talented as they are. How it makes you feel a bit disheartened, and makes you question what you're doing.

I've often seen someone's work and thought "darn it! that's what I've been thinking of, and now what's the point of doing it?"

More later on this, Zelia and I are going to draw together now.

2 Comments:

Blogger Queenie said...

The point of doing it?
Everything is recycled.

Q

8:42 PM  
Blogger mati rose said...

i've been there! you have your own meredith vision, it's true even if you don't believe it! i'm silk-screening tomorrow/thurs night at the center if you wanna come!

4:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home