Thursday, April 20, 2006

quiet and sunshine

The kids have gone to see their dad. Scott is stuck in Mammoth, having encountered some setbacks in his journey home, so I have an entire quiet evening ahead of me and I think that I should paint, or draw, or sew, or make something. Yes, that is what I want to do, but I have been stuck inside for a good long time, and it's beautiful out there. The sun is still out.

Maybe I should ride my bike, or work in the yard.

I also wanted to post the easter eggs that the kids and I made. We heard about this technique on the Martha Stewart website and it worked really well. The kids and I made a step by step photo set that I'll put up on flickr. The basic idea though is that you take old silk ties, and cut them up. You wrap an egg in the silk and then in a square of muslin. You tie it tightly with a twisty tie, and then you put all of your eggs in a pot with water and at least a quarter of a cup of vinegar and simmer them for 20-30 minutes. And then, magically, the pattern on the tie has transferred onto your egg!

You can use the silk up to 5 times.

Look!

3 Comments:

Blogger lisa solomon said...

do both! go outisde and then do a little craft! [isn't the weather a relief!!]

the eggs are so cool! i wonder if you can use that technique w/ anything else??

6:27 PM  
Blogger michelle f said...

ha! we made those eggs too! it was jumping around the kitchen i was so excited. it's really cool!

9:21 PM  
Blogger mati rose said...

that is rad! remind me next easter:)

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home