Thursday, October 05, 2006

breaking news



My good friend Todd Barricklow was one of three winners of the Sonoma County Arts Council "Emerging Artist's Award" this year and he won a lovely grant and there will be three shows featuring the three award recipients.

The second show is coming up this Saturday at Blue Gum Gallery right outside of Santa Rosa, and it's "Emerging Artists and Friends". Todd has invited me to hang some pieces in the show too! How exciting! I went yesterday and put a some things up.

I want to talk more about Todd's work, because it's brilliant. But I can't quite get the right words together at the moment. Hopefully later today I'll come up with something coherent.

I feel funny about having Arts Council-y people see my work. I feel a little bit naked and dumb. But oh well. We all have to stretch and try new things, right? My work looks so un-serious next to the other stuff.

3 Comments:

Blogger David said...

Wow. Fantastic stuff. I really like.

11:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

but your are is fantastic! you shouldn't feel silly at all. only proud. :)

2:22 PM  
Blogger kelly rae said...

i'm so glad i found you and your work at open studios a few weeks back. i am so drawn to it. lovely style!

1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home