Tuesday, September 28, 2004

sleeping again

I didn't mean to stay up so late again tonight. I think I'm trying to avoid going to bed until I'm so exhausted that I just collapse.

Scott stopped by for a cup of tea after his Free Mind meeting tonight, and that was a nice surprise. His little car actually made it up here and back without dying or getting him killed. He almost couldn't leave here, because the car wouldn't start and he tried removing this old hotwiring wire that the previous owner had put in, and giant scary sparks shot out and the car lurched forward and ran over Scott's foot and nearly crashed into the car parked in front of it.

Here's a link to a picture of the Swamp Thing . It's definitely a project, but it was free. Scott probably could make it really nice, but I do kind of worry about him driving around in something so...um...scarily crappy.

The thing that I think is funny is that people, mostly his coworkers and other guys talk to me like I should have an issue or problem with him having a project car. They say things like "You're not going to let him do that, are you?" Which, to me is a strange attitude. Why should I care if he likes fixing up old cars? He likes fixing things and working on mechanical stuff. He's good at it. I like that he has interests and projects and wants to take an old neglected moldy bmw 2002 and make it into a super swifty spy car. And even if I didn't like it, should I, because I'm his girlfriend be able to tell him he can't do whatever he wants with his time???

Weird.

Okay, bed now. At least no more writing, I can't do it well when I'm getting sleepy.

1 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

I prefer to think of it as craptastic. Or craptacular. I posted more pictures at flickr. All of the wedding photos are up.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/scottyj/

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home