Friday, November 05, 2004

sigh

It turned out horribly. The election was worse than I had even feared. The presidency, the Senate and the House. Ugh. The prospect of Bush appointed Supreme Court Justices is frightening.

I still can't write coherently about it.

I hope that the Democrats will now realize that they need to have plan, and be strategic like the Republicans. They have to be as smart, and as ruthless and mobilize people more effectively. This country really cannot become a radical theocracy, steered by the extreme religious values of a zealous minority. It can't, can it?

The whole "morals" issue is bewildering to me. I thought that Christians were supposed to love their fellow man, look out for the poor, be peaceful and tolerant and charitable. How is Bush able to sell himself as the more moral man, when his policies are bringing violent deaths to thousands of innocent people?

Okay...I'm going to stop now. I could go on and on and on and fill pages, but I think I'll wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home