Saturday, October 02, 2004

yesterday and today

The kids and I had dinner at Spring and Todd's house last night. I love going over there, we ate, and drank beer, and had a fire in the backyard fireplace and sat around talking while the kids played and roasted marshmallows. We stayed out late, and by the time I got home I was pretty drunk. I've missed going over there. I'd like to do that more regularly.

It was a lovely fall night last night too, clear and crisp and cool, but warm by the fire. Too bad their friend with the accordian wasn't there.

Spring says she's going to get a truckload of potting soil, maybe today, and we're going to go around taking cuttings of plants, and then grow them for our gardens. She has a beautiful garden already, and she's going to help me with mine, which needs lots of help.

I had a difficult time getting to sleep, I think I was up until 2, and then I woke up at around 8.

At around 9 I heard from Scott who was getting off the bus in Menlo Park. He was on his way to get his second free car. He had started his journey at 4:30 in the morning. He still hadn't had coffee at that point, and I imagine he's going to be feeling sick today. He called back a few hours later to say that the car was way better than his other one, and it really was free, but that the front brake had become jammed and smoke was pouring out of it, and he couldn't drive it any further. So he was kind of stuck, and trying to decide what he was going to do.

He sounded fairly cheerful, even though he had been awake for about 7 hours with still no caffeine, and probably not much to eat and he had the beginnings of a headache and was stranded in the south bay. Hopefully I'll hear from him again today and everything will be fine.

I don't know what the kids and I will be doing today. No real plans yet. They have lots of homework, and it needs to get done, so I suppose we'll be doing that. They get so much homework, it's just ridiculous. They have one big project per month, this month it was an autobiography, where they have to pick 8 or 9 little mini projects and put them together into a big project about themselves. (not done yet!) And they also have to do 2 pages of homework everyday in each subject; science, math, social studies, reading, language arts. 10 pages per day. Seems excessive to me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

I can't wait to go up to Spring & Todd's house for fire-sitting-arounding. I love fall, and just hanging out all bundled up, drinking tea...yay!

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home