Wednesday, October 06, 2004

days and years

It's been a pretty good week so far, I've been busy, and so I haven't had much time to write here. Monday was my birthday, and I did some nice things. I went to coffee with my friend Desiree, and thrift shopping, and out for lunch.

When I came home from that, my friends Spring and Lacey were in my driveway, decorating my house and garage with streamers and balloons. It was very very sweet. Spring had cupcakes for me, and they both had gifts, and it was great. Then I had to do a little work and run to the grocery store before the kids came home.

I had asked, for my birthday, that Scott come and spend the night with me, so he showed up at around 9, and he had brought me a cd he made of Modest Mouse and Death Cab for Cutie songs. It's very good. He was tired from staying up late the night before and work and school and all that, so he kind of just went to sleep. I bugged him for a while, but it did no good.

The next day, Tuesday, was our anniversary. That made me happy. It's been a great year, and I am so happy that I met him. I have a small present-ish thing I'm working on for him, but it's not done yet. He came and slept over again, but only because I had another sort of night time being scared episode. And when he asked if I wanted him to come up I said, honestly, yes I do. But then I found out that he was exhausted again, and coming down with some kind of sore throat and cold type thing. He crawled right into bed and slept (well except that I kept him awake trying to talk to him, because I just can't go to sleep at 10 o'clock). He seemed quite sick and slept solidly until morning. I think that he didn't go to work today, but he did go to school.

I love having him come up here at night, I hate that it's always because I'm scared, and I feel guilty that it puts him 20 miles away from his work in the morning, so that he has to get up that much earlier. I feel pretty good tonight though.

Oh also on Tuesday, Larissa took me out to a very nice lunch for my birthday.

Today while the kids were at school I went to "craft morning" at Justine's and it was great. She has an incredible house, and it was nice to spend some time with her and Lacey working on stuff. I made a little birthday giftie for Dez. It has a skull and crossbones on it, of course.

And then tonight I had dinner with the neighbors.

Nice couple of days....but I didn't get much ebay work done. I think I'm going to slow down a bit with that for right now. I'll stick with the goal of around 40 listings per week until I get all of my work done for Moxie. That show is in like ten days and I'm not even close to being done.

Eek.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home