Wednesday, April 13, 2005

progress is made

We finished painting today (well I still need to do a second coat after the kids go to bed tonight). Tomorrow we're taking down the icky ceiling fan, cleaning it, and spray painting it. Then we need the carpet cleaner guy to come, and we need to arrange the furniture and hang the artwork, and whatever other designer magic they're going to do.

It's weird, I think there are less than 10 objects in my living room. Right now there is:
a loveseat
2 chairs
coffee table
tv/dvd player/game cube
rug
dining table and one chair
table with tv on it

I guess that's ten things.

It's odd to have no stacks of books and papers and no art supplies or toys or artwork. But it's kind of nice. I don't think I can become a permanent minimalist, but it feels nice in it's own way.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

watch out. I think it can become addicting. But I also think it takes a long time. Which might be about right. By the time your kids are ready to go to college you might be ready to get rid of tons of stuff.
I think I'm bipolar that way. I don't want to own anything but I can't help myself from collecting cool little nifty things.
-spring

6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home