Thursday, June 16, 2005

time management

Eek!

I just figured out that I have a mere 17 weeks until my solo show. A huge space to fill, and no work that I even like at all. Last year, I had just one wall in this place and I had over 40 small block paintings and 10 other paintings. This year I have to fill all the walls!!

My goal for the summer is to experiment and produce lots of stuff, even if I don't like it. You know, practice, learn, make progress. I want to learn new media too, like encaustic, and silkscreening. I want to combine painting and silkscreening with the fiber work that I have been doing and thinking of for years...embroidery, feltmaking, quilting, dyeing. I want to end up with a body of work that I am proud of.

But at the same time, I need to make money, and parent my kids. Sigh....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home