Thursday, July 14, 2005

business

I've decided to go ahead with starting my small business (details to be revealed soon), so I'm busy this week with setting things up more. Bookkeeping system, ordering supplies, taking photos for the website, redesigning the logo I did before, talking with my web designer. I wish that I had the money to start it with everything I'll need, but instead I'm doing it on a shoestring. I wish that I could hire a graphic designer, or an illustrator. I'm spending hours and hours on my logo and I'm stuck on one idea and getting nowhere!

I'm thinking of color, typography, how to create an identity that communicates what I want it to communicate, and I'm realizing that I am just not a graphic designer.

3 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

Ah, but you happen to be very close to someone who is a technical designer. Tonight, lets run through ideas. I can work them up this next week and we can toss out what you don't like. Your time is valuable! Let go of the logo for now (even though your samples look great) and work on something else. Work on the instruction book, just the writing. The logo has become your procrastination.

10:21 AM  
Blogger zelia said...

Thank you Scott. Was it that obvious??

10:26 AM  
Blogger mati rose said...

i was gonna offer the same. altho you can probably draw just as good as me! if i can help with any illustrations let me know:) logos are i think best left to graphic designers like lu.

3:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home