Monday, May 01, 2006

May Day




Spring and I walked down to the big protest today that was right in our neighborhood. I absolutely loved it. It makes me happy to see thousands of people of all ages speaking out together.


The middle photo is one that I took from the roof of the corner market. A neighbor and I got a ladder and climbed up there so that we could take a good crowd photo. I wanted to show the crowd. And this photo was taken after people had been steadily walking that way for more than half an hour. There were really thousands of people.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent!!! Jacquie

8:12 PM  
Blogger kate said...

I am so glad you got the roof shot! I was so sad that I had to miss all of the action right on our doorsteps.

8:40 PM  
Blogger michelle f said...

wasn't it awesome? I was in railroad square and just amazed!

I left to run errands and got on 101 S and looked down Seb road and it was PACKED. very cool.

8:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I work near the Capital now so I got to see our protest on my lunch. We only had about 200 people. Oh well, I guess Canadians don't protest as much as Mexicans.

9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home