Monday, May 08, 2006

tra la la

I didn't even open my computer all weekend, except once to look up a companion planting chart.

The weather has been glorious and I have been outside working on getting the garden planted. This yard is small, but I has lots of lovely plantlife packed into it. I have mostly been thinking about the vegetables. In the two raised veggie beds so far, we have planted 5 varieties of heirloom tomatoes, 2 kinds of basil, 2 kinds of parsley, 2 kinds of cucumbers, 2 kinds of peppers, golden beets, lettuce, carrots, 2 kinds of beans, and a watermelon. I have never had luck with watermelon, but Zelia really wanted it and who am I to say no.

It's been a busy week for us. Scott flew to L.A. and had meetings all day on Wednesday, Sylvan got round two of his braces put on (yes it's possible to get braces twice by the time you're 12!), the kids went to Marine World with friends and then we did Petaluma River Cleanup on Sunday.

I opened up an eBay store last week and worked on trying to make it look decent, which isn't easy when you don't really know html. Now I need to work on stocking it. I'm going to put a lot of my little things, like the 1950's new old stock eyeglass frames that I found, and my huge collection of vintage patterns, and also my higher end vintage clothing.

This was all inspired by this post on Risa's blog, where she talks about some pretty dresses on the fancy vintage site, the Frock Now if you go and look at Risa's entry, the middle dress in the bottom row was mine! I sold it to that lady for an embarrasingly low price, and it's a killer dress, and now she is selling it for $575.00! Which is probably what it is worth, so I decided to experiment with selling my best vintage for what it is worth.

The first expensive thing that I'm putting in my store is this elaborate Zandra Rhodes creation that I found last week.


Every inch of the surface is covered in beads and embroidery and it's amazingly well made. It's also in perfect condition, and I'm considering pricing it at around $1,200.00 . Here's the listing. I'm quite pleased with how the logo and template that I made turned out.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found a possible url for your website.

How about: www.monstertownart.com

8:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good for you! hope it sells!

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home