Tuesday, November 08, 2005

podcasting and the holidays

I've been listening to and watching a lot of podcasts lately. My most favorite one so far is called diggnation. I especially like the video (they do both video and audio). It's super funny. It's two guys who sit on a couch with their laptops on their lap and they drink beer and talk about technology news from digg.com. It's better than it sounds...really! (wait a minute...except for the part in the current episode where they talk about rufies).

Also, I am trying to put together an animation setup for my kids as their xmas gift. My son used to make amazing little short stop action animated movies, with legos and clay and little toys. They were so cool. But then he had computer problems and then his camera died, and somehow almost all of his movies were wiped away. Dang!

My daughter started to get into it as well.

So for the holidays this year, I want to get them a table, a storage thing for their clay and figures and props, lighting, a tripod, a backdrop thing, I may be able to have them use my old digital camera. And then, I want to get a website or podcast going for them, so people can see their neat movies.

3 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

Diggnation makes me giggle and guffaw almost every episode. I always feel a bit empty when I've finished one, because I have to wait a whole week until a new one comes out. I can't wait for Alex's cooking show...

3:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a neat hobby for your kids! A mini-animation studio sounds like an awesome Christmas present, I'm sure they'll be thrilled.

By the way, cool blog ideas in the post below--do you homeschool, then? I'm planning to homeschool our son starting next year (he's 4); always fun to "meet" other homeschoolers/parents. Hope you get some of those other blog ideas up & running, too--I love the home decor on a budget idea. (My favorite way to spell that is I-K-E-A, seeing as we live 15 minutes from one!)

8:23 AM  
Blogger zelia said...

I hope they'll be thrilled!

I've been wanting to write about homeschooling for some time now. My son is 11, and my daughter is 8, and until I got divorced and had to concentrate on earning a living, they had never been to school. Now they go to a part time one, three days a week and the rest of the time we homeschool.

Nice to virtually meet you, thanks for commenting, and good luck with homeschooling.

8:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home