Thursday, November 10, 2005

tossy turny

I have been waking up before 6 a.m. most mornings since I went to see the house. I fall asleep thinking about it, and I wake up thinking about it. Part of it is pleasant daydreaming about how we would set it up with our things. How the kids would play happily on the street with all of the other kids. The clean, well organized and inspiring studio that I would have. Relaxing in the hot tub at the end of the day. And more than all of that, about Scott living there with us, and becoming part of our family. Cooking together, going for bike rides, talking, doing projects. Seeing him 7 nights each week instead of a measly 2 nights. It's making my head spin.

And then there's the more panic inducing part. The 1800/month rent. The huge project of moving out of this house in one month! You guys who know me know that that will be an ordeal. And this house has so much stuff that needs fixing before I go. The broken sink pipe mostly (which I guess is their responsibility, since it just snapped off for no apparent reason). And all of the unauthorized painting that I've done. Every room except for the kitchen and Sylvan's room has been painted. I've been here for about 6 years.

Can I really manage moving while still earning an income, parenting two kids, preparing for the mad holiday rush, (z's birthday,thanksgiving,disneyland trip,moving, and xmas all in quick succession)?

yesterday's clutter reduction report : 2 bags of clothes and shoes to goodwill, one bag of junk from bathroom tossed.

I think I'll need to borrow a truck this week to take some stuff to the dump.

3 Comments:

Blogger mati rose said...

i hope you can move! it's sounds scary and dreamy and those are good signs:)

10:09 AM  
Blogger kate said...

You KNOW that all of us who live on that street will do whatever it takes to get you into that house. I am GREAT at helping people move, and I have a handtruck & tapegun, plus access to a gazillion boxes. The sense of community that I feel living on that street is such a high, and definitely worth the cost of living there. Not to mention the sense of security, with all your buddies keeping an eye on things for you.

1:39 PM  
Blogger kate said...

Wait. . .did you guys get the place? I noticed last night that the "For Rent" sign is gone!

9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home